In 2015, speeding was a contributing factor in 27% of all fatal crashes.
What is Speedgauge?
How It Works
• Uses the data already collected by MiFleet
• Monitors violations of the posted speed limit across all road networks
• Also monitors speed according to custom speed limits that you control, and in special geofence zones both inside and out of the ordinary road network
What It Does
• See when and where drivers are speeding
• Use SpeedGauge coaching tools to improve driver performance
• Watch your fleet’s speeding trends improve over time
• Eliminate safety risk and unnecessary traffic stops
• Improve CSA scores by reducing speeding violations
What Are The Benefits?
• Save on maintenance costs
• Decrease oil consumption
• Decrease the chances for your drivers to be involved in an accident
• Increase gas mileage and reduce fuel costs
• Improve public image by having safe drivers on the roads
How Much is Speeding Costing You?
Speeding can increase maintenance costs by up to $15 per thousand miles across all types of roads. According to the Maintenance Council of the American Trucking Association, an increase in operating speed from 55 mph to 65 mph has the following effects:
- 10-15% decrease in miles-to-engine overhaul
- Oil consumption increase of 15%
- Shortened mileage between preventive maintenance intervals
- Decrease in effective tire casing life
- Reduction of up to 15% in brake lining life
Increased accident risk and wear and tear lead to indirect hidden costs in other areas, such as:
- Insurance - higher risk means higher insurance premiums
- Driver and vehicle downtime - accidents and maintenance keep vehicles off the road
- Poor driver retention - good drivers want to work for fleets that value their safety
- Increased regulatory scrutiny
- Bad reputation - nobody wants to see one of their trucks in a crash on the nightly news
"...The best product we have ever seen."
"SpeedGauge is not about punishing or spying on drivers … reports allow us to identify habitual speeders in our organization and enable 1-on-1 discussion with these drivers."
"...Simple as flipping a switch...to cut speeding violations by 22%."
Schedule your personal demo
Tell us a few things about yourself and we'll show you a lot more about us.